Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Trip

Whew, traveling is so crazy! It feels like it will never get to be time for the trip, then it comes and goes in a flash. A week never went so fast! In brief, I had a really good time. I spent much time with Christine and Sandi and their families. I got to see some cool stuff in NYC, DC, and Albany. And I rode a lot of busses and spent a lot of time sitting. Whew, stake conference was rough today after so much sitting yesterday! Here's a rough outline of what I did:

Saturday Feb. 4- Arrived in NYC and took the train to the bus station and took the bus to DC. Christine and family picked me up and we went to the Auto Show and saw some very cool cars. Then we went home and I passed out on the couch.

Sunday- Went to church and then to dinner at Marriner's sister's house. Christine and I also enjoyed watching church movies in Tagalog. We also ate rainbow sherbet.

Monday- Chris, Ellis, Lillian and I went to the MLK Jr and Jefferson memorials. Then picked up Lige from school and went to Gravely point and play soccer under the landing airplanes. Then for FHE I played "Follow the Prophet" on the piano for the talent. I then watched several episodes of Jeeves and Wooster before bed.

Tuesday- Got up, caught the bus to NYC. Took the subway to Time Square, took a couple pictures and took the subway back to Penn Station. Caught the bus to Albany. Got picked up by Sandi and family and enjoyed a nice evening at home, being barked at by their dog = )

Wednesday- Sandi, Alex and I went to the state museum where Alex was anxious to see the train car and ride the carousel. (which we did, eventually. Did you know that Cougars, elk, and wolverines all used to live in NY?) We enjoyed a lovely Denny's lunch and then played with the rest of the fam once they got home.

Thursday- I went into town by myself while Sandi did institute and a baby shower. I did a few stops on the walking tour of Albany then caught the bus to State University of NY in Albany. I went on a campus tour and talked to a professor. Looks like I'd need some other classes before applying for grad school in any science field. I should've taken physics instead of biology... That evening I went to the YSA institute class. After the class some of us went out and got pizza and talked for a while. I then got a ride home from one of the other YSA girls during which we got lost and drove around a lot. I then watched Thor. (Interesting movie.)

Friday- Sandi, Alex and I went on a tour of the NY state capitol ($25 mill. when it was built! Over $1 bill. dollars if it was built today! Wow.) We also went ice skating, where Alex didn't exactly get the hang of it and we ended up just pushing him around the ice the whole time. After the other kids got home we went and played in the park and had a yummy pizza dinner. Then a friend of Sandi's who served in Quezon City came over and we three chatted for a while.

Saturday- Got on the bus. Bus didn't start. Waited for an hour. Sandi brought me lunch. Bus started. Got to NYC an hour and a half after we were supposed to. Did sealings in the Manhattan temple. Saw Time Square, Rockafeller square and went to the top of 30 Rock. Went to the wrong subway stop. Took a taxi to JFK. Came home.

Whew. That's about as brief as I can make it. I'll write some more about details of some interesting things I did, but I'll save that for another post. I'll put up some pictures too.
I can't believe it's all over! I went so quickly. I'm just so glad I got to see my sisters and their families again! It was just a bonus getting to see the other stuff. Next time- Philly and Boston! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Vacations are always too short. Still, glad your back.

    ReplyDelete