Monday, January 31, 2011

Let me explain...

...No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
1) blog post #1
The setting: I have been contemplating this whole blog thing for a long time, and wanted a really good, fitting blog name for it. Well, turns out that it's not the most pressing thing in my life and I have had a hard time thinking of a name that I felt worked for my blog. I know it's not that big a deal, but I still wanted to have one I liked.
Scene 1: (USU dorms, summer 2010) I decided I'm going to blog and write the above post with the intent of creating the blog next time I have a few minutes and posting it. It doesn't happen and the entry just gets saved to my computer.
Scene 2: (Logan, yesterday) I decided again that I should actually do this whole blog thing. I get on after church while I'm eating dinner and spend the entire break between church and ward prayer not coming up with a name for my blog. Feel like I waste a lot of time on this pretty minor detail...
Scene 3: (Logan, today) I come up with a name and create the blog. I pull the old post from my files where it was saved an posted it first, cuz that's what it was meant to be, the first blog post. I haven't actually read it since I wrote it I think, so I hope it makes sense still = )

2) Rome.
It might seem strange, considering I've never actually been to Rome, that "always a roman" would be my blog address, and the title of the blog what it is. So, here's the thing: Rome is the name of the house I live in. As you walk in the door you will immediately notice a big banner hanging in our living room that says "When in Rome..." and we change the ending for every party or occasion we celebrate. So, all the inhabitants of the house are naturally called "romans", and once a roman, always a roman. Hence the web address, and the title.

So there you have it. Two really long, random posts to start off with. In the future they'll probably not be so long, but probably just as random. That's just how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! I'm so excited to see you so...communicado :) And I totally refute your assertion that nothing interesting happens to you b/c you don't have a hubby or kiddos. When I went to college, there was lots that was "interesting" because I was off at college...so in short, we all think your boring life is really interesting, even if you don't :)

    And I totally agree, you're nothing like Sandi...except that neither of you write letters :)

    ReplyDelete